Banner Ad 1

Joining SubRon5

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby natesubs » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:45 pm

Hello,
About 6 years ago I was a member of the Subcommittee during my time in high school. Needless to say I tried building a submarine and quickly found out that at the time, I didn't have the money nor the building skills to complete my sub project.

After 6 years though, I figured it was time to start up the project again. I half done scratch built typhoon, which I molded out of fiberglass years ago. I still have not molded parts such as the rudder or the elevators. I do have wooden masters out, but still haven't made fiberglass parts.

I would like to come out to one of your events or meets and get more involved in yalls chapter.

Currently I attend college in Lubbock, TX, but over the summer I am down in Houston, TX. If anyone could give me some hints or tips or if I could just come by the next time you all have a meet with my unfinished project and let you guys give me some advice, I'd appreciate everyones input.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! I appreciate this group and have gained lots of valuable knowledge from my very old SCR's. I will definitely renew my membership and get the ball rolling again.

-N.Schrein
natesubs

Postby Wayne Frey » Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:48 pm

I am in Austin Texas. email me.We should talk
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:03 pm

Hi Nate,

Welcome aboard! We've got several members here in Houston and are planning a fun run in the late summer in Georgetown, Texas. We'd be glad to let you know when we get together for a local run.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby natesubs » Sun Mar 21, 2004 8:56 pm

Are any of you folks in Houston? If you are, I'd really like to come by with my projects and get your input.

My Albacore's hull is so hacked up from the previous owner that I don't believe I'll ever be able to fix it. That leaves me with a working WTC from SubTech designed for the Albacore. If anyone could give me pointers and ideas of what I could do next, to either of my subs, then I'd appreciate it.

I'm contemplating on buying a hull and using my SubTech Albacores WTC in it, if thats possible. As far as the Typhoon, everything will be scratch built for it, even the internals.
natesubs

Postby PaulC » Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:30 pm

Hi Nate,

I'm in Cypress (NW Houston). Gail lives in Spring which is just up the road. He drives and Alfa, I have a 1/96 Permit and LA. I'd be glad to show you my boats and take a look at your Albacore.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby natesubs » Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:48 pm

Sounds good. I normally work over off of Richey Road and I-45 during the summer, so that'll work out great. I'll give you an email around Mid-May after I'm out of college about a time we could meet up.

Thanks everyone.
natesubs

Return to SubRon5