Banner Ad 1

On the bench, 2004 Sub Ron 5 - What's new?

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby Wayne Frey » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:51 am

Guys,
We should post what each of us is working on and has running,and where we are at location wise.Also,if you think you can make a few meets this year.
As for me, I have the Alfa working on the bench right now.Should be ready for a march-may meet, if that is good for yall. The Akula waits on the sidelines for now,until the Alfa is finished. But I will bring it for show and tell to any meets.
I would like to see two runs. One sometime during the march-may window. But for sure I think we should meet again at the San Gabriel in August. Would like feedback on what you think with your posts so we can firm up something.
So, let's hear from you. What are you working on, what's running?
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:19 pm

Wayne,

Good to see you are making use of the SC member pages. I really like them myself. Everyone should take advantage of them. Would love to see some up close photos of your Alfa. How is your WTC coming?

BTW your garage is insane, man. Waaaaay too neat. Looks like a great setup though. What are all those little banners hanging over the bench?

I'm still working off a "Thomas the Tank Engine" play table I pirated from the boys. Thresher is finished save for a few minor details (zincs and dry transfers).

Toledo is in need of a ballast & trim overhaul based on what I know now as opposed to what I knew when I originally set it up. The same details are required for looks (zincs, dry transfers, scopes).

My WTC is the main problem. The gas saver float arm broke off during an afternoon run with Gail. I fixed it and re-assembled -- and now the MBT bulkhead leaks into the rear compartment. And the vent valve leaks. I just haven't had the time or inclination to break it down again and start over. So I have some work to do before I go on patrol again.

I like an August repeat for Sun N Fun. And late March or April for a Spring get together. Settler's Park could even work given its proximity to your back yard and it's ease of launch. But I certainly wouldn't mind going back to San Gabriel for the day either. I like the clear, weed free water.

Edited By PaulC on 1075426868
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Albert » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:49 am

Hi Wayne:
I have my Trafalger and Arleigh Burke Destroyer up and running. I have a Type XXI on the bench, but still under
construction. August is OK with me, but am uncertain about
the one in march-may, depending on where it is.
Albert :D
Albert

Postby Wayne Frey » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:02 am

Good,
Glad to hear from you. The Burke was really impressive. Would like to see you and them again.
As a side note,as you guys post what you are doing, post if you are going to any regatta's this year.
I plan to go to Rhode Island since the girls will be gone all summer. Guy's trip.
In talking to Paul,the two meet thing is starting to firm up.
Keep posting guys,we have more working than this! Colorado crew,have not heard from yall either,other than Spettel. He may come this year.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5