Banner Ad 1

FunRun august 16-17 - a gathering of sharks

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby Ramius » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:28 pm

I just checked with the city of georgetown to be sure the San Gabriel will be full for the august meeting.It will be.
This will be a good chance to have some easy-going fun guys.
I have not been to any of the subrons,but this site looks almost made for our sport.
The site is roughly 5-6 feet deep,clear,clear and spring-fed.Flat bottom without the green stuff.On the bank on the side where the pavillions are,the edge is a man-made wall right to the bottom 5 feet down.It is long enough to run down your batteries on one pass,and about 50 yards wide.
So... Who is coming guys,for a couple of laid back days of what will surely be the first of an annual event?
Come on down,have some fun.
"A little revolution now and then is a good thing"
Ramius-Hunt for Red October
Ramius

Postby PaulC » Sat Jun 28, 2003 8:07 pm

I got to recently visit the site with Wayne and Carl and can attest to its desirability. I can't wait to get underway and will be bringing USS Toledo and USS Thresher. The water is clear to the bottom (which is unobstructed) and there is plenty of room for a fleet of boats to operate. Carl and Wayne have waterproof cameras and this will be the perfect opportunity to get underwater shots of your pride and joy. There are also play facilities close at hand for the kids, as well as shopping/antiquing for wives a short distance away -- fun for the whole family! For more information, check out the SubRon5 site http://www.warfish.com/subron5/snf2003.html.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby BoomerFunker » Tue Jul 01, 2003 3:27 am

I am hoping to go. If all goes well I will have my Skipjack up and running in time. What kind of shopping is nearby? My missus doesn't share my enthusiasm for the hobby and I'd like to keep her occupied and speaking to me while we are there :D

Looking foward to meeting you all.

Tom Kisler
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Postby Ramius » Tue Jul 01, 2003 8:54 pm

Tom,
The largest mall in texas is 40 minutes away.Austin has anthing you could want to do,limited to a very LARGE imagination.
There is much to do.Ask her what she wants to do.Everything down to ice skating is possible.
Wayne
"A little revolution now and then is a good thing"
Ramius-Hunt for Red October
Ramius

Postby BoomerFunker » Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:59 am

Thanks, Wayne

If that much shopping can't keep her occupied nothing can!
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5