Banner Ad 1

A fledgling upstart from Arkansas

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby 87-1046108477 » Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:25 am

And greatings from central Arkansas! My name is Gorden Gregson. I have built a few R/C planes in my past and have built plastic kits all my life. I am completing my first target, a Perry class frigate from BaD models. Now I understand how they got the company name. Well my next two projects are going to be a scratch built CSS Arkansas and a sub. I have yet to decide what kind of sub. Either a scratch built Hunley, a Typhoon from Modell-Uboot-Spezialitäten out of Germany, or a scratch built Beatles Yellow Submarine.

No, I can't find anything any easier for my first sub. At these prices, I can't afford more than one or two so they have to count!

My address is [email]wartoy2000@comcast.net.[/email] Please feel free to copy me at work [email]gmgregson@arkbluecross.com.[/email] This way I am sure to get your messages.

I am eager to hear from you!
87-1046108477

Postby PaulC » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:45 am

Hi Gorden,

How long have you been an SC member? There are several who have tackled the Hunley. I guess her biggest fan would have to be Tim Smalley. Getting to know him would be a big help for you I'm sure. Wayne Frey of SubRon5 is a Typhoon enthusiast as well. Don't know that I've heard of anyone attempting a Beatle's Boat before. One thing's for certain - when modeling a cartoon no one can accuse you of getting the details wrong. :)
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5