Banner Ad 1

Summer pool run June or July 2009.

The United Kingdom Local Chapter

Would you like a Summer pool run?

I'm champing at the bit and want to come along!
100%
Perhaps, I'll confirm nearer the time.
No votes
I want to be boring and stay at home.
No votes

Total votes : 1

Summer pool run June or July 2009.

Postby Sub culture » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:44 am

Okay, kite flying time. Some of you might remember the sub run I organised a couple of years ago at Colney Heath in Hertfordshire. This was well attended, and all those that came along had a good day. I had planned to follow it up the following year, but had to cancel due to the pond being unfit for purpose.

Since then, I've managed to get a few winter pool runs going at Brockwell Lido, however it's been noted that a few are put off by the chilly weather.

I'm looking at running another sub run in the Summer. I am aiming at a June or July event, on a Sunday, as May is very busy with Norwich Merstham and Alfold shows, and August has one or two events, plus a lot of folk take their holidays during that month. It would run from 10am until 5pm.

Since I've now parted company with the club based at Colney Heath, another venue is required. Fortunately, this time we have an even better facility- a 100ft x 60ft outdoor swimming pool, which is owned by a Sub Aqua club in St Albans (handy for those with leaky boats).

This could become an annual event if we get a decent attendance.

The pool is chlorinated, but not filtered (it's quite an old pool). Although not as large as Brockwell Lido (difficult to top that!) 100 x 60ft is still a respectable size and should be adequate for all but the largest of boats

The venue is easily accessible, being a stones throw from the M25. There are good train links to St Albans, but it's a fair walk from the Station to the pool- better to get a cab if you have anything big to carry. However I think most people would come by car.

Feedback welcomed.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:52 pm

No one? :?

I have the pool confirmed. Looking at Sunday 14th June, although this is subject to change depending on feedback received.

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheelerdealer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:12 pm

I'll be there :D
Ramesh
www.rcmodelsubmarines.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------
Whaddya mean, I need a license to do that?!
Wheelerdealer

St Albans

Postby clive » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:34 am

Hopefully I will be there depending on hospital appoiontments and the like. :(

Clive :D
Clive An active pensioner living in Wiltshire, England
clive

Postby Sub culture » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi Clive,

Your email address was bouncing when I sent out a global email about the summer pool run. Have you changed it?

Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Albion » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:14 pm

Might be back in UK in June, would love to come along. St. A is close to my parents place. Which side of the city is it?
Albion

Postby Sub culture » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:56 am

Hello,

It's on the South side of the city, Cottonmill Lane in between Holywell Hill and the London Road.

If you have Google Earth, you can find it easily at these coordinates-

Latitude 51°44'46.78"N

Longitude 0°20'11.10"W

I don't suppose you'd be able to bring the Koryu as hand luggage.

Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubCommittee GB