Banner Ad 1

Northern England Submarine Day 2 - Barrow in Furness

The United Kingdom Local Chapter

Northern England Submarine Day 2 - Barrow in Furness

Postby Davy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:56 am

Hi All,

Just to remind you that this is still on.

David Jacques contacted me to tell me that it will start at 11am on Sunday 2nd September. (See the other thread for details of how to get there etc.)

Don't forget that there are a number of things to see in Barrow including a recent new addition, perhaps!

He is hoping to arrange a lunchtime tour of HMS Onyx (The last Oberon class.) But this will only be to named individuals and numbers are limited. (Email me if you would like to go.)

All welcome. See you there!

David
Davy

Postby Sub culture » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:09 pm

Piccies and prose please, Dave- for the report.

Ta,

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Davy » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:53 am

Certainly Andy, no probs.

I would be grateful if we would credit the Furness Model Boat Club and Association of Model Submariners in any post

We may even have some better weather this time!

Davy
Davy

Postby Sub culture » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:27 am

Dave,

Not a problem.

If you are able to get some shots of the gubbins inside the boats, especially those scratchbuilt or with any unusual modifications then that may prove interesting. I can't guarantee they'll make the report, but it's worth a shot.

Cheers

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Davy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:14 am

Hi All,

A very good event. Very enjoyable. The weather was much kinder to us this time.
22 subs in all, I believe, with lots of owners from the North West, North East and Scotland. Great to see new faces and new subs.
My R7 behaved "itself" apart from one amusing episode where Duncan (from Edinburgh) complimented me on how well it was controlled only for me to simultaneously run it aground! Ah well.
My thanks also to the Furness Model Boat Club and the Association of Model Submariners for such a fun event.
Some photos and comments follow(please say if I've got something wrong.)

David

[/img]
Davy

Postby Davy » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:20 am

Sorry got captions mixed up this is Bob's K (Previous photo was nice U boat from Kevin of Newcastle.)

Davy

Postby Wheelerdealer » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:52 pm

Looks like you had a good turn out there, thanks for posting.
Ramesh
www.rcmodelsubmarines.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------
Whaddya mean, I need a license to do that?!
Wheelerdealer
SubCommittee Member

Postby Davy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:42 am

Yes - I think Furness Model Boat Club were pleased and it will become (at least) an annual event.

A couple of us are heading down to Essex next weekend for the Barleylands show. A long way to go (for us) but we enjoyed last years a lot. (Nice weather then and the whole show is very impressive.)

Anyone else going?

See you,

David
Davy

Postby ajg141 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:07 pm

Barleylands is a bit far for me David - I think Barrow is about the limit these days. I do hope you enjoy the event though and look forward to seeing the pictures in due course.

Andrew
ajg141

Return to SubCommittee GB