Banner Ad 1

Aussie sub modeller visiting edinburgh at Chrsitmas.

The United Kingdom Local Chapter

Aussie sub modeller visiting edinburgh at Chrsitmas.

Postby David H » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:49 pm

G'day,

I am a RC model sub builder from Just north of Sydney, Australia. I'm coming over to scotland for christmas with relatives. I know it's cold and wet, but will there be any get togethers over the new year break in the Edinburgh area? ( Heated indoor pool kinda thing?)

I would love to see some subs in action while im there. I leave on the 12 december so please get back to me before then..

If I can't visit rosyth I may as well see some RC Boats.

Regards,

David Hughes. :)
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby Sub culture » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:17 am

I know there are sub modellers North of Hadrians wall, but I'm unaware of any sub meets up there.

Arrangeing affordable pool hire is an absolute nightmare over here (ask me how I know.....), so it's unlikely anything will be going on like that.

Apologies if I've disappointed anyone, but I'll be happy to stand corrected if someone posts otherwise.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby DavieTait » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:43 am

There are a couple of guys running subs in the Edinburgh model boat club Edinburgh club website , Edinburgh subs

Give them an Email see what they're up to over the holidays.

Davie
DavieTait

Postby ajg141 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:24 pm

Would that there were a suitable indoor venue here in Edinburgh over the winter! I'm afraid we just have to brave the elements and make do with our normal (and recently refurbished) venue at Inverleith. As long as the weather is neither too damp nor too windy we sail every Sunday from about 11.30am until it either gets too cold or too dark (about 3.15pm usually at this time of the year). We would very much welcome another Australian visitor - the last was a fortnight ago. Can't promise too many subs at this time of the year though despite there being about a dozen of them in the Club at present. Look forward to seeing you.

Andrew
ajg141

Postby Davy » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:36 am

Hi Andrew,

Nice to hear of submarines in Scotland (You have quite a fleet!)

We are not too south of the border in Barrow in Furness and I'd be interested to know if you are planning any submarine meets next year?
We are planning one in Barrow and I will keep you posted.

Also very good that you can help David and let's hope he survives Hogmanay if he is staying for that as well!

David
Davy

Postby ajg141 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:40 pm

We've been thinking of running 'themed' days at our events next year - and a sub day is one of several probables. Normally these days comprise of steering & docking competitions plus displays and general sailing, but there has been so much public interest in our various subs we are beginning to feel they should get a little more prominence! The idea would be to have a separate sub table display with specific time slots for sub sailing. The details will be thrashed out during January when the calendar is finalised - and I'll let everyone know the outcome.
I would love to visit Barrow again at some point with one or more of my boats - haven't been there since I used to visit the local Council before I retired!
Will have to get my 'Pinger' back into 'Turbulent' before I come down though!

Andrew
ajg141

Postby Sub culture » Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:17 pm

If you go ahead with a sub day, please let me know, and I'll get the details posted in the Sub Committee report.

I organised a sub only day earlier on this year, and it proved to be quite a successful event.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby ajg141 » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:41 pm

Will do Andy. Reckon we'll know just what's happening by mid-January.

Andrew
ajg141

Postby Davy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:22 am

Thats very good Andrew and Andy. Barrow usual sailing time is Sunday morning.

And keep Pinging!

David
Davy

Return to SubCommittee GB