Banner Ad 1

Introduction

The United Kingdom Local Chapter

Postby Vanguard » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:02 am

Hi Guys.

After 6 years since first becoming a meber of the Sub Committee (I have rejoined twice in this period) I have finally undertaken my first project, the Engel Typhoon TAES. To be honest my first thoughts after recieving the kit were "what the h*ll have I got myself into?" However I didn't expect the building process would be easy especially as I have no previous model building experience. If I take the building process slowly and one step at a time I am sure I can complete the build. I am also hoping that I can tap into some of the knowledge you guys possess so be prepared to have lots of questions fired at you.

One of my main problems is going to be the time I can devote to my project as I work in London which means most of my building time will be during the weekends

I hope to get up to Norwich next week (I live in east Anglia) and meet some of you in person. I have already been in contact with Wheelerdealer and some of you may have already seen my posts of the last week or so.

Mike.

:laugh:
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. (C.S. Lewis)
Vanguard

Postby Wheelerdealer » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:45 pm

Hi Mike,
The Typhoon is a great sub, but then I am biased! Thats quite brave picking this as your first sub. The Typhoon kit is quite forgiving, but its worth taking your time with it to ensure everything runs smooth and looks its best. Try and make it to Norwich, there should be plenty of subs friendly advice :)
Ramesh
www.rcmodelsubmarines.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------
Whaddya mean, I need a license to do that?!
Wheelerdealer
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:05 pm

I thought with your board name, you had chosen a Vanguard to build.

The best looking SSBN by far, looks like a Moray eel.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:53 pm

Hi Mike,

Please consider documenting your experiences. There are a considerable number of folks who come to this hobby with a background similar to yours and understandably are wondering the same thing. (e.g. what the h*ll have they gotten themselves into) :)

Making your experience(s) available to others would be a great help.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubCommittee GB