Banner Ad 1

Lake Natoma Sub Run July 21 2012

Western US Coast Local Chapter - Mare Island

Lake Natoma Sub Run July 21 2012

Postby DMarquez3014 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello there,

Here is a report from the July 21st sub run at Lake Natoma. The run was attened by Mark Jones, John Kinkele and my self around 9:30AM on Saturday. When we arrived at the lake we were told that there was event going on there and parking was limited, it turns out that there was an Hawiian style out rigger canoe race. There were about 40 or so boats from all around California and a out of state, the boats were both traditional and sleek one man fiber glass boats(very interesting). Anyway's Mark brought his Skipjack again John brought his Flying Sub and Graupner shark and I brought my Small World Blueback and DE Skipjack. We found that John had arrived before us was already enjoying the water driving his shark off the docks. We set at our table at usual place under the old shading oak tree. John ran the Flying sub but suffered some technical issues in the run. Marks Skipjack ran real well for the first time in a long time. I had a great run with my two boats.
I took the Blueback deep into the gloom and found I caught the attention of a very large trout that came up to check out the intruder in its territory. That was so cool! But Mark could not get any pictures of the encounter, "Darn".

I posted some pictures. Enjoy.

The dock at the lake.
John Kinkele
John's sub carrying case
Mark preping his boat at the table
Blueback taking evasive action
Marks Skipjack sneeking up on yours truely
Yours truely enjoying the run
John and I getting our feet wet
Johns Flying sub sets off to explore the deep waters
Two Cool Guy's Keeping Cool
Mark taking in the fun