Banner Ad 1

proposal

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

proposal

Postby g2tiger » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:57 pm

I would like to propose the SCDS divide into several squadrons. We have many in a large geographic area and it may be better to have smaller local subrons. Perhaps the Jacksonville area can be a squad, the Birmingham area can be one and the South Carolina area can be one. These are areas that I am familiar with that have active sub drivers.

Your thoughts?
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:46 pm

What do you think would change simply by adding another name. You are still able to have separate events while being under the same banner.
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby g2tiger » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:06 am

What you say is ture. However in the spirit of building up the larger group it may be desirable to have the local guys build their identity a bit. Nothing worng with local "squadrons" under the larger scds but we may be able to build a bit of esprit de corps with smaller local squadrons. Look at the subron 6 guys. they got real cool shirts and stuff...

Only issue could be that when organizing a regional event it may become difficult to run if the individual squadrons can not agre on things.

good to see you this weekend. had a good time and enjoyed the fun.

8)
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:26 am

Still not seeing the advantage here charlie.
You mention the sub ron six guys but they are a heavily populated group and a sub ron, not some sub sub sub chapter of a sub ron.

I was working on your identity when I left but you guys have not continued with any of the work I had started either.

I look at this as a would the USA as it was in its infancy. As populations grew to a certain point only then could an area apply for its own state hood. Otherwise your just creating more unnecessary work. I cannot see how your proposal would improve anything.

I would like to see you guys have more of a regular meet up like some of the other sub rons like 4 and 6 regardless of if you sail. We meet once a month every month regardless of sailing conditions, just to have a sts. I try to make everyone because, they are a good time.

I also still have all your patch data and such if you want to make yourselves t shirts and such.

Oh and it was nice to see the C.O.B. hit the water. Got some good pictures of kevin teaching you how a sub works LOL

Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby g2tiger » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:38 pm

K,

Just my musings. We do have regular meets every fourth Saturday. We don't have a lot of guys to meet with. I think we have four here in the jax area. So if one guy can't make the meet it is just two or maybe three guys. Which is OK but we do/could use some new peeps to shake up things and help with the dishes...

Sure you can say go out and beat the bushes for some new subbies but I have been working this block for many years and I just cant find the people. The local boat club is hard pressed to get over six members to show at their regular meet.

We are also without a nice lake as Gilligan's Island is closed due to poor planning. Turns out the access and lake site are on privately owned property and the city and owner could not come to an agreement. So the gate remains locked. I can post flyers at the local hobby shops but People in Jax don't like to drive any length of distance except to eat at Wendy's (sarcasm). Out four or five do drive though. So for now we meet behind the Wal Mart and use a lake that is actually very nice but not in view of the public. This Silent Service thing is killing us! haha.

Shoot me the info on the patch or give it to your dad and we can work on some shirts and such. For now we will truck on and keep up the faith...

:D
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComDeepSouth