Banner Ad 1

Lookin to join

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Postby Rogue Sub » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:14 pm

Hey all ive been trying to find a model club in the area for some time now and found this site. I currently live in Kingsland, Ga, which is about 45 min outside of Jacksonville, Fl. Please let me know if any of you guys are close around or even if there are and get togethers that you know about.
Regards
Kevin

Edited By Nuke Power on 1153772146
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby wolfsong » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:46 pm

Hello Kevin,

welcome to the south.. :)
there are actually severall people that live down here.(over 50 in Fl) one in kingsland, several in jax, and i live in folkstson.
if you haven't done yet, become a member right here at the sub-committee.
what kind of boats are you building?
there is also a modelbootclub in jax, called the ORCAS.
currently we are trying to get a regatta/ fun-sail organized with the sub-comm deep south.. check out the other post in here

stefan
Submariner, qualified in 1990 ,U21 Class 206

Life is Simple.. either you are qualified or you are not ! .. silent service
wolfsong

Postby Rogue Sub » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:41 pm

Well currently i just have the dumas Akula kit sub, which i am striving to add more realism to. I also dable around with targets. Currently im trying to build a race boat from scratch that is turning out pretty good. I also have started construction of a sea shadow from sratch. My problem is i have more hulls then i do electronics to run them:)
Im also intrested in builing a speed sub from scratch, but perhaps my eyes are bigger then my budget!

I read about the devils den that you guys posted and if you guys plan a get get together there im in. Besides i love camping.

As for your meet on nov 4, it would be awsome considering its a day after my b-day but im gonna be underwater at that point so i wont be able to attend, perhaps something sooner?

Kevin
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby Wilsonsubs » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:46 pm

Kevin,
Could I encourage you to join the Sub Committee soon.
I'd like to add you to our list of members and perhaps call on your help for the Devil's Den event. These things can be a great success if we spread out the responsibilities in small pieces across multiple people. It goes so much better.
Let me know your plans.
Thanks
Michael
Michael Wilson
Wilsonsubs
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:58 pm

You can't go wrong hooking up with the SubCommittee and SubComDeepSouth. You will learn a lot about subs and better yet, you make a lot of cool friends who are just as goofy as you are about subs.

SubCommittee members George "Crazy Ivan" Protchenko and "Big Dave" Welch have done tons to trick out their Dumas Akulas both inside and outside. They have written up their projects in our four times per year magazine, the SubCommittee Report.

At the SubRegatta last weekend, I twisted George's arm :laugh: into doing an article about his "Reverse RCABS" ballast sytems he has in his Dumas Akula (See photo below). Dave Welch sells an upgrade kit to make the Dumas into a more scale looking sub model.

If you are interested - send me an email off line with your name and address and I will send you a sample of the magazine and a membership application!

Welcome to the elite hobby of RC submarines.

Tim
president@subcommittee.com

Crazy Ivan's reverse RCABS ballast sytem Dumas Akula
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComDeepSouth