Banner Ad 1

Regatta

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Postby dlittle » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:48 pm

Who wants a SUB COM DEEP SOUTH REGATTA???
dlittle

Postby spongjim » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:13 pm

Dan.
Finding a place to have it would be the hard part. I have been looking all over for a nice place to run my subs with very little luck. There is either to much debris in the water or the place is hard to get to.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby Carcharadon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:39 am

There is always beautiful Lake Mayer

http://home.comcast.net/~kdawling85/806d.mpg
Carcharadon

Postby dlittle » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:00 am

I've already been thinking about it. Doing research and finding answers are part of what I do for a living. I'm VERY use to it. And as you can see, I am a little peaked about finding the sub committee and the Sub Com Deep South, ETC...

I'll be glad to look. I know of private lakes/ponds around where I live. They are a dime a dozen. And some are fairly clear.

What I don't want to do is JUST pick a place thats close to me. SO...if everybody will let me know where you are generally located(Atlanta area, Huntsville, Tampa, Charlotte...)I'll try to locate a spot.

Given this is an undertaking, can we make a tentative goal of when we might want to make it happen? Say next spring? And if things develope slowly, reserve the option of pushing it back into the Summer or possibly fall season?

Did you go to THE Regatta in Carmel? How big was that pool? It looked about 3 football fields.
dlittle

Postby Jdlockh » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:52 am

Dont forget about the Orcas fun run in Jacksonville on Oct 15. I know there will be a lot of subcom deep south guys there.

I will be going to look at a place in Orlando that might be the place to host a winter regatta. I will post pictures in the gallery. There is loose talk of having one in February. We could have a fun run there one saterday, say 9-3-05.

James
Jdlockh

Return to SubComDeepSouth