Banner Ad 1

Were here, A Reprot!

South Carolina, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida Local Chapter

Were here, A Reprot!

Postby g2tiger » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:08 pm

Well,

Well guys it has been a rough summer. Lots going on but not much sub stuff on my part. Lyle Price and Warren Wilson have found that a Mr. Bud Leaderer is living in Orange Park, FL not far from where our regular gatherings usually are held and that Mr. Leaderer is a sub guy from the Skip Asay days, WOW! Bud is a first class guy and has a lot of modeling know how andhas some fine models that are scratch built. Two U-Boats a Type VII and A Type XXI boat as well as several German military ships.

So the guys have been hanging around Bud's lake (in his back yard) and sailing our models. Bud has a 32nd model which is the same scale as Warrens U480 so the two together are quire a nice site. My luck with the Gato conversion is not going well. The moidel is good but the WTC is giving me fits. So I have closed off the flood holes and just run it on the surface for now while work is doen on the ballast system to correct the issues.

While at Bud's last month we had a visitor in the form of a 4 foot long aligator. No big deal but this guy was not afraid of us which is unusual. Even my Model Tug did not scar the guy away whichmeans someone had been feeding the guy. BAD IDEA! these things will get used to people bringing them food and then when they get big (6ft) the eat the dog. So for about an hour he played tagwith our models. But after both of the U-Boats were in the water and went near him he left to explore the rest of the lake. No good photos, sorry. But we werea able to operate our model fairly close to him andhe was not shy about coming up to us and gettin within about 6 or 7 feet.

Charlie

g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Re: Were here, A Reprot!

Postby Rogue Sub » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Not a bad looking lake Charlie.

I see your faithful little tug is still going after many revisions.

You know if your wtc is not making you very happy.. steve neil converted his rcab and has been very happy with it..
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Re: Were here, A Report!

Postby g2tiger » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:33 pm

Say K,

I am looing to fix up that WTC as it has been a disapointment. I was at your dads today and he showed me your super duper WTC for the boat and I was envious. But then again he is an engineer or something. I'm just a dumb souther redneck and have to make my stuff work through luck :D . But I have just had several beers and taken the endcap of the two motor factory set up apart and will robably not remember how to put it back together when I get back to it.

My plan is to make a patch using one motor and the original gear/shaft units. Hopefully I will be able to make something work as I dont see any endcap offerings from the guys who know how to make endcaps on converting it to a one motor unit.

So how does one convert to a pump system...
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Re: Were here, A Reprot!

Postby Rogue Sub » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:39 am

Charlie'
My dad is no engineer and neither am I to be honest. I just have ideas and then I act upon them to see if they work out.

I have made you a wtc before but from what I hear you took it and gutted the thing and it no longer works?? Not sure why.

Endcap offerings?

Have you downloaded my diy rcab article yet charlie?

Call me sometime Charlie! I am more then happy to talk.
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Return to SubComDeepSouth