Banner Ad 1

Oct 12, 2008

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Oct 12, 2008

Postby eckloss » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:21 pm

eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby petn7 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:12 am

Nice pictures
petn7
SubCommittee Member

Oct report

Postby subdude » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:26 pm

Erich,

Thanks for the pics! Great to have you join us this month.

Our first indoor meet of the season had 9 guys running boats and a couple of spectators, so we’re off to an excellent start.

In this pic, Ron and Don are watching Jeff pilot his stunning Seehund around the pool. John’s looking on, while Erich is kneeling while performing sea trials on his brand spankin’ new Vanguard. First time in the water, and doing quite well. Dave’s taking pics of the Vanguard, while Curtis is driving his Seawolf. I missed getting any pics of the Seawolf, but Curtis ( our very own “small sub guy” ) has done a magnificent job on it. Runs like a dream!

Here’s Erich’s Vanguard showing off that really cool hull shape.

And here’s Erich showing us how to perform a perfectly level dive. I don’t generally get mine to dive with a zero bubble like Erich does, but then I use the radio, not the “hand of God” approach ;-) (kidding, Erich, just kidding)

An of course, the required group shot. Left to right
Ron (sailboat), Don (speedboat), Curtis (Seawolf), Dave’s friend watching, Jeff (Seahund), Dave (boatless this month) John (tugboat) Jim B (Holland 6), Erich (Vanguard), Jim W (cub sub)

After the meet, we adjourned to lunch (hey, a sub driver’s gotta eat, right?) and discussed some future plans. We’re hoping to do a couple of instructional work days, to help guys with different aspects of building. One of the talked about issues was home brewed watertight compartments, and how to construct them. Maybe we’ll get a group build going.

If you’re in the area, why not make plans to come out and join in the fun? Hope to see you at the Y!
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:26 am

Looks like it was a great was time had by all. 8) :D BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast