Banner Ad 1

January action report.

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

January action report.

Postby subdude » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:31 pm

Well folks, the action keeps getting better, and the group continues to grow! This month we had 9 "attendees" and several more visitors at the pool. Lots of boats in the water, others under construction to be viewed, and a good time had by all.

Curtis came over from the Philly area with 2 tiny subs, an Alfa and a highly modofied Wally World USS Dallas.

Bill Gleaves from TF 50 brought his USCG rescue boat to patrol in case anyone needed assistance :lol:

Jeff had his beautiful Seehund along, running to perfection and looking sinister in camo (which works!)

Garry had his Engle fleet boat along, who's electronics had just arrived back from Germany. He's making progress, and I'm sure it will be a work of art when completed. Here's a serious looking group pondering the internals:

A bit later, Garry seems pleased with the results of the conference, while Don's looking rather smug!

Don also brought a tiny skimmer / buzzbomb / waterbug of some sort!

Curtis had some stick time on my Holland, and seems here to be hoping to not be overrun by Bill's rescue boat!

I had the aformentioned Holland along, and also Batfish and a PT.

Joe came all the way up from Huntington only to discover that the lid to his watertight compartment for his Krick U-25 was at home on his workbench. DOH! Joe, make a checklist, bud.

Bob and Jim were watching, and scheming of what to bring along in the future. Bob has some BIG boats, and Jim's got a fish (seriously) under construction. Here's the obligatory group shot:

If you're not in the picture, well, you're really missing out on a great time. See you all next month!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:41 pm

Jim,

Many thanks for posting these photos. It's not only good to be running our boats again, but it's also great to see that interest continues to build as we've seen by the increase in folks joining us.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby petn7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:20 am

Great pictures and captions. :)
petn7
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 pm

wow! i'm glad you guys found a new pool. I will try to come soon. Need to finish that darn alfa. hahahah
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast