Banner Ad 1

December action report

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

December action report

Postby subdude » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:20 pm

The December SubComEast meeting today was great! We had 4 SubCommittee members in attendance (Jeff, Don, Gary, and myself), 1 Task Force 50 member (Clay), and a guest (Jim). The pool was great, and everyone's boats performed to perfection.

Jeff had his Seehund along, and has gotten the trim spot on. Looks like a million bucks!

Garry brought his Engle fleet boat project along for viewing. It's ballast system is currently in Germany for rework, but hopefully will be back soon and Garry can get back to work on it. He also brought along a beautiful little tug to enjoy.

Clay has a Fletcher class destroyer (boo, hiss) :wink: under construction, hopefully it will come out to harass us someday soon.
Jim came out to see what the nutcases were doing, maybe we'll bring him over to the dark side...

Here's the gang (minus Don, who was behind the camera) hanging out poolside. Next time Don, bring a boat!

I had a few boats along for the day. Batfish spent some time on patrol, trying out a new ballast vent valve. Worked well.

Holland VI got a good workout, and gave both Clay and Jim a taste of sub driving.

And just for fun, the plywood navy put in a brief appearance.....

We all had a great time, and I'm already looking forward to next month. Hope you'll join us!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:32 pm

As they say, a great time was had by all!

I think we even convinced one of the Task Force 50 members (Jim) to build an r/c sub. :)

Once Garry gets his fleetboat into the water, it'll make me want a fleetboat even more. (time to get that photo-etched deck project kicked into high gear)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Boss subfixer » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Jim,
Great pictures. Looks like a fun day and Jeff YES get hot on that fleet boat deck I want one!!
Don
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Here is one with Don!

Postby pops » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:09 pm

I had a great time. Thanks for the invite Jim. I have the destroyer to build and then one other. Then, maybe........... :)

Thanks again!!

pops AKA Clay
pops

Next fun run/meeting

Postby Delphin » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:33 pm

Hello all,
When is the next meeting/fun run?
Thanks,
Delphin
Delphin

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:06 pm

...that would be Sunday, January 13th at 10:00am.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast