Banner Ad 1

WHO IS A MEMBER - Virginia

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Postby STARK » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:48 am

Hi Brian Stark, I would like to know if their are any Active Members in SubComEast?
Where you meet, and or if any one would like to revive this club?

Myself, I now of no one active in my area, and would like to see a list of folk's interested in starting a club meeting.

I can provide a meeting place and demo work area, that could hold as many as 20 people at a time. the demo area includes work stations, air, power.

This would be a mounthly meeting place to discuss the building, painting, and kit making of all types of subs in the area of Chesapeake Va.

A monthly meeting on a Sunday I propose, to discuss all aspects of owning and running a R/C Submarine.

Their is a local club ( The Elite Fleet ) that meets at Mt Trashmoore to run Targets every Sunday, weather premitting!

If their is any one who is a active member of SubComEast, and I am not aware of, please contact me so I may join up with you! If not and this Prospect sounds inviting to you, contact me for further details on the meeting place, and lets get things started!

Brian Stark
What one Man can do, You can do too!

http://forum.model-marina.com/
STARK

Postby mike byers » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:44 am

Hi Brian,

I live in Northern Virginia and I'm in SubComEast. The last run I went to was at Widener Univesrity, near Philly about two years ago. There have been others since but I haven't had time to go (I've got 6 kids':p')

I would like to get together with you and others, I need inspiration for completing my Dumas Akula (and others on the shelf).

I know there are at least 4 other folks who live in the Virginia/Maryland area.

Mike Byers
De Profundus

Mike Byers
SC# 2486
mike byers
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:28 pm

Brian,
There was a members list published in one of the last few SubReports. Give Jeff LaRue an email and I bet he can get it for you. Then you'd have phone numbers and addresses in your area.

Pete
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:49 am

So far it is Mike and I, a long drive for you Mike.
Perhaps a week end trip to run a boat at Trashmore Mike! I can do some back issue reading for the list. I know their is Richard Stricklend just down in NC too.

Wouid like to see a small group get together once a month or more to discuss subs, And have weekend trips to run them! Well I'll keep posting and work to get a group going.

Brian

STARK

Postby mike byers » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:44 am

Sounds good Brian, thanks for getting the ball rolling. Yeah, it is a bit of a haul from Manassas to Tidewater; but once a month maybe I could do (especially if I bring my little boys).

I talked the wife into checking out Lake Trashmore last year after a weekend in Va Beach. Looks NICE.

Regards
De Profundus

Mike Byers
SC# 2486
mike byers
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:56 pm

Good Mike, let me see if I can secure a indoor pool for winter runs, the Trashmoore spot is more of a warm weather run thing, you know the weather is so iffy here!

Have the meeting place construction in progress, for now I had planed to hold it at my house, in my Hobby shop? It is big enough to hold 30 or so.

I sent Mr. Wheeler a PM, to ask for a list, and how all was with him. Have not looked backed in the SCReports yet Pete, but I plan to this weekend.

My plan was to start up just a Virigina team, with the surronding States of folks who can drive in once a month to meet and talk subs, have build nights, Show and Tell, and so on. And of coarse a run on the weekends, this would be the plan for a Sunday or Saturday, so we could have a no rush run day.

I need to talk to Tim and friends, and see what will "go" in that way. I am not to sure how a SubRon Chapter, Sponsored/or approved by the SC works!

Brian

STARK

Postby Slugejudge » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:01 pm

Hi Bryan,

Richard Strickland here, sounds good to me. While it might be hard to make a monthly meeting during the week, weekends would be great.

Thanks, Rick
He who dies with the most toys wins!
Slugejudge

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:33 pm

I would think that a Lower Chesapeake Bay subron would make some good sense. Most of the SubComEast folks are located north of the D.C. area....so a drive down to the Norfolk area would not be high on some folks list, especially since there are a number of good lakes much closer.

-Jeff (SubComEast member)
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:24 pm

I even LIKE the name Jeff! CBS Chesapeake Bay SubRon, But how do you pick a #

You should see all the subs heading out from here, while I have been on the bay I have seen LA,s and OHIO class boats.

Not to mention all the targets you can stand, they come and go from Little Creek & Norfolk Bases!

Ok, so how do I start this, or submit the Idea to? Bill from SubRon 4 told me to gather officers! As it Stands I know Mike Byers, Richard Strickland, Brian Starkes are willing to go with it, and I willing to assume the duties of a office post!

So Jeff, do I call opon The Prez Tim, is it put up for a vote here WHAT????

Brian

STARK

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:17 pm

Hi Brian,

I'll send you an e-mail with some information around starting a Local Chapter. The quick answer(s) are that you don't need to pick a number unless you really want to be known as just a numbered subron. Using a name (like SubComEast) is perfectly fine. You also do not rreally need 'officers'....but that's up to the Local Chapter.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:41 pm

I got it Jeff, will look it all over and send you any questions I have.

Thanks
Brian

STARK

Postby Novagator » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:28 pm

I'm in Woodbridge, VA.

The drive to the Norfolk area on the weekend is a bear. But I would love to meet up.

My sub building hit a wall, and I need some motivation to get going again.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby STARK » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:32 pm

John, nice to here from you sir, we are getting a small gathering together!

So far their is you, Rick, Mike, my wife & myself, and some special guest appearances.

As soon as the meeting place is confirmed, I will send out invatations to those who wish to attend.

I would like you all, to give me a email address I don't do PMs anymore!

Their is still a few issues to work out, and this will be my last post on this subject here, I no longer feel that it is appropriate to speak of another sub club in SubComEast!

CBS will have it's own space soon!

Thank You

Brian
STARK

Return to SubComEast