Banner Ad 1

SubComOn Appoints New President - SubComOn announcement

Canada, Province of Ontario Local Chapter

Postby bradcd » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 pm

Due to Personal Reasons Edward "Ted" Scrivens has stepped down as President of SubComOn.

Taking over for our friend Ted is Brad Dolomount from Guelph,Ont.

Brad has been an active member in Ontario for the last 6 years and hopes his term as SubComOn President will be a benificial one to the chapter. Membership is on a rise and hopefully so will the attendance at chapter runs. SubComOn's main pond continue's to be Riverside Park located in Guelph but we also look forward to trying a few more sites this summer including the new reflecting pond in Hamilton. Please feel free to contact Brad at bdolomou@uoguelph.ca
bradcd

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:45 pm

Congratulations Brad. Hope to see you guys at the SubRegatta this summer.

Best,
Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby k225 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:59 pm

Brad best of luck as president of SubComOn. We owe Ted a thank you for his efforts and wish him and his family all the best in the challenges ahead. Ted's a great modeller and supporter of the hobby and continues to support us. We'll see him at the Sub Regatta in Ottawa this year.
Don't forget that half the membership is here in the east, the Rideau Nautical Modellers get together on Tuesday's at Andrew Haydon in Ottawa and ten of our members are also SubComON members. Our Sub fleet is growing looks like we'll have a couple of Akulas added this year and a couple of Type XXIs if I can get moving on mine. If everyone showed up we could be running in excess of twenty subs! This interest is largely due to Ted's influence with some badgering from Ben and Tony!
Steve

Edited By k225 on 1141333849
It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.
k225

Postby bcliffe » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:39 am

Good call Steve. THANKS TED !!!

Brad,

I would still like to host an un-official regatta at the cottage this summer. We expanded the cottage so that should ease some logistics in the matter. Just keep it in mind when putting together dates ... ie. keep a weekend free.

Cheers
BC
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Postby k225 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:19 am

I have had the pleasure of seeing the work of Ted Scrivens, Ben Cliffe, Helmut Sodke, Doug Badgley and Rick Teskey. SubCoMOn has some of the best sub modellers in the hobby. The December issue of the SubCommittee Report Ben's article is a testiment to this. Those are all SubComOn members boats showcased.
I get the feeling that we are at a cross roads with the Subcommittee and Tim Smalley will inject a new vigour into the organization. Brad you may have come along at just the right time!
Steve

Edited By k225 on 1141478582
It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got.
k225

Postby yellowdog » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:20 am

Thanks Ted for all your efforts.
And Brad, good luck and per our talk the other day you have my support.
Dan O'Grady
SubCon ONT.
yellowdog

Return to SubComON