Banner Ad 1

the hobby show

Canada, Province of Ontario Local Chapter

Postby fung pang » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:53 am

I time it, so I could visiting my family at Toronto, and go to the hobby show at the same time.
This will be my first time at the show, looks like a big show.
(gone to too many WRAM Show, always gone home broke. )
Any SubCommittee table?
Is it good shopping?
Who will be there? Friday or Saturday? (Sunday have to go back south :( )
may take my toys with me.

See you all at the show.

Fung Pang
fung pang

Postby yellowdog » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:25 pm

Bruce Martin and I will be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. I know some members will be there Friday, but I don't know who.
Last year(my first) we had three or four tables along the far end of the pond. While Doug, Bruce and Helmut had their boats in the water, I worked on my tower and answered questions. We had several hundreds of people stopping by all day. We were able to get the Subcommittee, Ontario Sub Club and subs in general out in front of a lot of people.
I hope you can make the show, I always like to meet new bubbleheads!
Later, Dan
yellowdog

Postby yellowdog » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:41 pm

Just wanted to give a short report from the show.
Fung Pang made it to the show on Saturday. Glad to meet you and thanks for the help in explaining some of the "starter" sub kits to the many people who stopped by while you were there. Sub Tech and Dave Meriman's got out in front of possible buyers.
Saturday the pond started to leak and had to be pumped out for repair. That and sharing time with RC cars didn't leave much sub sailing time.
We handed out a lot of SubCommittee FAQ sheets to very intrested people. I think we will see some of them come summer.
To all the people we talked to at the show, thanks for stopping by and keep an eye on the board for Ontario Sub Club news. See ya when the waters soft again.
Later, Dan
yellowdog

Postby Landlubber » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:27 pm

:D Thanks for talking to me at length on Sunday Dan, I have joined the sub-committee and looking forward to next year.
All I have to do know is build a boat. Ordered plans from Deep Sea designs for the Nautilus as a start.
Thanks again for your help Dan.
See ya on the surface : Kent
Landlubber

Return to SubComON