Banner Ad 1

any ottawa area sub people? - just curious

Canada, Province of Ontario Local Chapter

Postby 99-1046657954 » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:24 pm

Im still working in my sub, but am wondering if there are any sub users in the area, i hear there are one or more in the rideau nautical club but i keep trying to become a member and get info from them but they wont answer me. soo would be nice to meet some sub users around mabey have some runs etc. well take care all. btw love the new forum:)
99-1046657954

Postby bcliffe » Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:55 am

Chris,

Submarines in Ottawa, you bet. Ted Scrivens and myself are active members of the RNM with 7 submarines between us. At the end of last year at least 3 other people that I know of have started to build subs within the club.

The next club meeting is this Wednesday night (March 5th) at the Museum of Science. Feel free to contact me or tag along with me to the meeting so that we can correct this error of the club ignoring you. :)

Cheers
BC
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Postby 99-1046657954 » Mon Mar 03, 2003 7:01 pm

well i will be their on the 5th, just need to know what time. i went to one meeting long ago, last march i think, but do to some personal tradgeties i lost interest i just about everything...but all is well now and have been trying for 4-5 months to join rnm. btw any of the ottawa area members can help me with my sub? i can pay for the help, im at the body work stage which isnt my stong area, and i dont know much about the rc submarine electronics, i have read alot on it but still some eludes me. thanks i mean it for inviting me to the meeting, just tell me what time to meet you their at.

thanks
-chris
99-1046657954

Postby bcliffe » Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:40 am

Chris,

The meeting is suppose to start around 7:30. See you there.
RNM Events

Personally my fiberglass skills suck, but I can give you a hand with the electronics and the does and don'ts to setting up a submarine.

Cheers
BC

p.s. Feel free to e-mail me for more details.
What goes down, must come up .... eventually !
bcliffe

Return to SubComON