Banner Ad 1

What's happening in Australia? - Submania in OZ?

Eastern States of Australia

Postby Andmac » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:13 am

Hi members,
Just thought to post a quick topic to find out what everyone is doing? I am new to RC Subs and would like to see some posts from locals. Not much indicated at the moment.
Don't be shy. Let me start this topic with one easy question.

What projects or events are planned or current?
In short:
1x U47 Robbe purchased (just started)
1x Revell UBoat Kit (just obtained)
1x Oberon Class Hull (thanks to Jim Russell in Brisbane)
1x static model of VTTBOTS Seaview - 26 Inch long built
regards
Andrew #SCM2693
Andmac

Postby Nautilus » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:19 pm

Hey Andrew, Brian Starkes, At the moment I am refitting a Thor Seawolf Boat I bought used with my own sub cylinder system, and what a sharp model, I also am working on the new Type 7, building 2 inch scs for her. I am reworking a boat I used to produce to resell again, 571 NAUTILUS, witch I have one ready to send to MR. Gary Gray, down their perhasp when he receives her you can get a look. Also I am working a GATO Fleet Boat in 1/96th, my new subs will be a step away from traditional hull material,as I intend to use a ABS plastic instead of GRP, glass reenforced plastic "EPOXY RESIN FIBERGLASS". I also have converted a KILO kit to R/C as I have seen others do! And I am darn glad to see everybody converting plastic kits " shelf bought" to R/C! I am certain this is the corse of things to come, smaller subs for R/C, and store bought kits to conversion. Any way you may want to check out MODELBRASS.COM to get a nice photo etch set for your 7, :) KEEP ON BUILDING Brian Starkes STARK MODELS.
Nautilus

Postby JWLaRue » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:26 pm

Hey, Brian.....didn't know that you moved to Australia! :D
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bradv » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:59 am

Well, the recent biennial Australian Sub Regatta in Canberra was a huge success: Australian SubRegatta 2004 Photos

We had 34 subs and a great time :-) A big thanks to all the hard work done by the Canberra Model Boat club. It was very much appreciated by all who attended. And Karl's 30min video of the event is a masterpiece :-)
Brad
Triple "S" Model Boat Group - http://triple-s.org.au
Bradv

Re: What's happening in Australia? - Submania in OZ?

Postby Wolumla » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:44 am

Hi Andrew
My name is Bernie Watts and we have recently moved from Tassie to a little village between Merrimbula and Bega southern NSW.
Current models are:
6' Disney Nautilus, nearing completion
5' USS Barbel 580 Class
A Fremantle Class PB just over 4'
a period Steam Tug about 12" long
In initial stages of building a LCH landing craft as used by the RAN
Have worked on Oberons, T's,A's, S's and Collins build, plus LCH, Attack Cl PB and Huon Cl Minehunter build projects
There is a model show at the Eden Whale Festival this weekend which I am exhibiting at
Currently trying to start up a model group in this area but not too much interest so far
Look forward to hearing from you
Bernie
Wolumla

Postby subkraft » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Hi Andrew,

My name is Ian Atherton, I'm in northern Tas...( Hello Bernie....) Have a few projects on the go including a Chinese song Class 1:72 and running pretty well, doing an internal refit on a Robbe u47 and getting an RPM Tech Holland close to finished.

Having access to a laser cutter and being able to produce my own files for it I've been producing my own wtcs, this saves hours of cutting and shaping. Couple of pics attached.

as Bernie mentioned we had a group going here but it seems to have faded out so it'd be good to keep in touch.

Regards to all...

Ian

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” ~ Albert Einstein.
subkraft
SubCommittee Member

Postby Cam_Typhoon58 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi to all,

Hope to see you at the Sub Regatta this Easter, April 7 & 8 in Canberra. Promises to be a great event.

Registration forms available.

Regards,
Cam
Cam_Typhoon58
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Hopefully someone will volunteer to write an article for the SCR about the regatta?

-tnx!

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby mermod » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:55 am

Hi all, any updates on the Tassie sub group? my friend Derek Padgett used to be involved with it but it seems to have dissolved, is anyone down here in Tasmania still into subs?

Mermod
mermod

Return to SubComAust