Banner Ad 1

C'mon aussies!!! - Let's get some Chinwagging happening!

Eastern States of Australia

Postby David H » Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:44 am

There must be more aussies out there that look at this site and not just me. Doe's everybody just go to Gary Grays site or something?

Be good to hear from more people on the east Coast, Cockroaches, Banana benders and Victorians, can,t let the yanks have all the say!!

dave h :cool:
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby ShadowPeo » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:26 pm

I am Australian, Dont Visit to much though as I am exedingly busy
ShadowPeo

Re: C'mon aussies!!! - Let's get some Chinwagging happening!

Postby Wolumla » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:31 am

Hi there Dave,
The name is Bernie Watts, a very long time friend of Garry G, but someone who has moved around a lot. We moved from Tassie last year where I helped form the Tassie Devils model S/M group. Just joined the Subcommittee, although I have had access to the SCR almost since it started
Current models are a 6' Jules Verne Nautilus and a 5' USS Barbel 580 plus a 4'+ Fremantle Cl PB
Worked on Oberon build in UK and Oberon refits and Collins build in Aus, plus many years in Defence Canberra and build of Huon Cl M/Hunters in Newcastle
Currently live in a little place called Wolumla, between Bega and Merrimbula on the SE coast of NSW 0264949760
Trying to start up a model group in this area but not to much interest to date. Exhibiting at the Eden Whale Festival this weekend.
Have a large selection of ship and submarine drawings even some original AE class. A reasonable number being original old navy drawings.
Hope we can keep in touch
Regards
Bernie
Wolumla

Postby Andmac » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 am

HI Bernie and David,
Good to see your posts and I agree we need a bit more activity here. I know we are all busy, but suffice to say Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all from Australia SC members. I will get to more posts soon as the holiday season affords more time and just renewed 2012 dues.
All the best Andrew (Andmac)
Andmac

Postby raalst » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Do you want to start a australian chapter ?
we can make your own little cozy corner (where you can speak in yer own lingo ;-) )
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst

--------------------------------------------
Just here to Learn
raalst
SubCommittee Member

Postby David H » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Hi all,

Bernie I met you several years ago at the subregatta in canberra and found what you talked about , fascinating. I think i got your e-mail address but for some reason it did'nt work. I would love to talk to you further about the "O" boat refits and the like. Any O boat drawings you have I would love to see.

you can contact me on sararoseks@hotmail.com

regards,

David Hughes
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby oztruck » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:24 am

gooddaymatehowareya.

I drop in from time to time, new at this hobby (18mths). I live in South Australia and when I started there was only one other guy doing RC subs in this state, meet him 3 mths ago. Since I started I have influenced 3 other guys locally into subs and when they all get them working there will be at last count, 7 boats.

Cheers Chris
oztruck

Postby subkraft » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:27 pm

Hi to all from Tassie...G'day Bernie, see your caravan has come to rest again.
I'm finishing off a Holland with my own made wtc at the moment & getting into laser cut plastic part making off the cad.
Good fun....
Regards

Ian
“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” ~ Albert Einstein.
subkraft
SubCommittee Member

Postby Cam_Typhoon58 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi to all,

Hope to see you at the Sub Regatta this Easter, April 7 & 8 in Canberra. It promises to be another great event.

Regards,
Cam
Cam_Typhoon58
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComAust