Banner Ad 1

SubRon6 Fun Run - Feb 11 Carmel High School

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:44 pm

Just a reminder - there will be a SubRon6 fun run at the Carmel (Indianapolis) High School pool on Saturday, Feb 11 in conjunction with the Indy Admirals Scale boat club. If you haven't been to this facility before, see some photos at www.subron6.com in the photo gallery.

TIME: Noon to five PM

It is a perfect indoor sub facility - and there is a good amount of natural light from the large windows on the side of the building. You don't need to be a SubCommittee member to watch, but we ask that anyone running a boat be either a SubCommittee member (get those dues in :;): ) or a member of the Indy Admirals.

Tim

Click for Directions and Map to Carmel High School!

###
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:07 pm

Just a reminder for the SubRon6 Winter Wackiness Pool Run! Be there or be square on Feb 11 :cool:

I "IMed" with Matt Munger last night and he has got his Delta running with a complete video setup - including "Head Mounted Display" video googles. Can't wait to see it!

I have HL Hunley working again and am going to try to get one other boat back in the water as well. Steve Jensen is bringing his big type VII, John Schagane is bringing his LA (I think that's what he said) and his new Tracker III for us to look at. I guess you don't need a brown paper bag over the new Polk Radios like I do over my old Tracker 2.

Virgil Brown has his Skipjack. A bunch of other guys are coming with their boats tooso it should be a good turnout.

For many of us who worked the SubRegatta, this will be the first time we have had boats in the water as SubRon6 for many moons. Thanks again to Chris Campbell and our friends in the Indy Admirals for setting this up.

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Virg » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:49 pm

Tim,

Where and what time do you suggest meeting up for dinner Friday night?

Virg
Virg
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:21 pm

As usual - I'm sure we will be playing that by ear.

"Where do you wanna go?" "I dunno, where do YOU wanna go?" etc, etc... :D

Give my cell or John's a call Friday 4-5 ish. Everyone should be in town by then.

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Virg » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:20 pm

I suppose I didn't make myself clear. If you're staying at the Comfort, I'll just go there when I get in and then we can play the,"wadda ya wanna do" game. :D

I just wasn't sure if it's still the Comfort, you see.

Virg
Virg
SubCommittee Member

Postby wingtip » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:39 am

I probably wont make it this year but will try...hope dave has made some progress on the alvin i sold him last summer... had to sell it to finish a heli project...but have started another sub project.... trying to find someone to do some cad work right now...problem is most places around here (indy area) are all race related buisness's wanting an arm, and a leg.....lol
I did get my rcabs system built, have my radio purchased (8103/still need the 75mhz module and rx) though... the rest is all "top secret" lol.... :cool:
"Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your ductape!"

Dave "wingtip" Townsend
SubCommittee #2777
Martinsville Indiana
davet@insightbb.com
wingtip

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:28 am

Hi Dave -
Why don't you check with SubRon6er - Matt Munger? He is a professional CAD guy and I know he does freelance stuff to support his RC sub habit. :D

Hope to see you at the SubRegatta in Carmel at the end of July!
Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:29 am

Hi Virg - Yes, we will be gathering at the Comfort Suites - probably around 4. Try the cell around then.

See you then sir!

Tim
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon6