Banner Ad 1

SubRon6 August 28 - Carmel Indiana - Hitting the nail on (with?) the head

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:04 pm

(This guy was injured in a nail gun accident - amazingly he made a full recovery!)

Just a "heads up" :laugh: reminder to get hotel reservations in Carmel for the SR6 fun run on August 28. Its only a little over two weeks away!!!

Steve Jensen just dropped me a note that he made his reservations and I believe there are a few more guys who have too. Our usual spot is:
The Carmel Indiana Comfort Suites - 15131 Thatcher Lane
151st St and US 31
317-575-0000
Be sure to ask for AAA or ARP discount

I made mine at a different Comfort Suites about 5 miles away from our usual one, as they were out of the discount rooms that I can get through my daughter.
The Comfort Suites - 9760 Crosspoint Blvd Indianapolis - 317-578-1200

I am sure we will do the usual drill - stand around outside the Carmel Comfort suites Friday afternoon until 4-5 or until we get a few guys with subs. Then go to the pond (see map link below) then get dinner after that. Then back to the pond Saturday morning and run till the batteries die.

Guests welcome.

Tim Smalley
952-891-4295

PS - If anyone talks to Pete Piekarski or Tom Lustik, please let them know the plan. Their emails have been bouncing lately. Also, any new SubCommittee members in the midwest area as welcome to bring and runs boats - or just watch and BS.

Carmel Indiana Reflecting Pond Map

Image from our June 2004 run at the City of Carmel Indiana reflecting pond - site of THE SubRegatta 2005! Jason Overhulser owner of one of our great SubCommittee vendors - "ModelBrass" brought a Robbe U-47 complete with the great looking brass deck he sells for that kit. For more shots go to SubRon6 Photo Gallery from June 04 Run

Edited By TMSmalley on 1092339595
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:38 am

Looks like we are all set for this weekend's festivites! We have at least 11 sub guys coming: John Schagane, Tom Wise, Matt Munger, Dave Hampton, Chris Campbell, Virgil Brown, Tim Smalley, Jeff (and Mrs) Jones, Bob (and Mrs) Gesking, Mike Driskell, Chip Meyer (& son).

All SubCommittee members (or potential recruits!) are welcome. The location is the City of Carmel Indiana Reflecting Pond. A bigger than a football field 3 foot deep man made Cee-ment pond. Map below - see photo in previous post.

Meet at the Comfort Suites Carmel Indiana (on Thatcher) at 4 PM on Friday afternoon- head over to the pond for a quick wet down, then to dinner (TGI Fridays?). Sat morning main fun run. Be at pond 10 - run until we're done!

My cellphone number is 612-889-3269 and John Schagane's cell is 859-576-1855.

Edited By TMSmalley on 1093430462
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon6