Banner Ad 1

Outdoor Channel "Inside RC" will be there - at the SubRon6 Feb 28 Carmel Pool Run

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby TMSmalley » Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:55 pm

I just received confirmation (see below) from Jayne Romyn, the producer for the Outdoor Channel's TV show "Inside RC", that they will be at the SubRon6 Carmel Pool Run Feb 28 to shoot footage for an upcoming episode on RC submarines.

This will be rather rare national TV exposure for our hobby so bring everything you've got - torpedo launchers Jeff!), video equipped sub (Matt!), unusual boats built of zinc-coated copper (Steve), etc.
Tim

Go to "Inside RC" Outdoor channel website.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Tim,
Yes we are planning on being there. I'm trying to get the camera situation covered, cause I really want to be sure I can get underwater footage.

best,

Jayne E. Romyn
The Outdoor Channel

Edited By TMSmalley on 1077286224
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:54 am

I guess they won't be there after all. I just got this email from her Thursday when I asked her how the planning was going for their shoot. She was having trouble finding an underwater videographer with broadcast quality equipment in the Indianapolis metro area. :(
Tim

>>> Jayne Romyn 2/19/2004 1:16:40 PM >>>
Oh Tim - Not very well. The only guy that I have that can do it is at an event 4 hours away from you all. I will have better luck with more advance notice to plan so I think we will have to pass on the coverage this time and catch up with you next time. I really want to do a segment on these
submarines though, so we'll work together to get it done soon.

Jayne E. Romyn, Producer
The Outdoor Channel

Edited By TMSmalley on 1077278139
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon6