Banner Ad 1

Who All Is Going ????

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby Jefff J » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:20 pm

Hi Tim, thanks for the recent e-mails, I never know until the last minute, I usually bump into you around the country somewhere at least once a year, Calif, Minn, Indiana, Mo. ILL,,, hummm a good chance I can make this..... thanks for posting the directions....Jeff Jones
One things for sure, they won't be expecting us.... s/c# 0258
Jefff J

Postby TMSmalley » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:15 pm

That will be great Jeff! I hope you can bring a torpedo shooter - the lady TV producer was excited about the possiblilty of getting some underwater shots of fish firing! That, combined with Matt Munger's two(!!!) video equipped subs - she will be VERY happy! It should be a good national promo for our hobby.

Although our fearless SR6 leader John Schagane has really been tied up with his new HUGE responsibilities at work - he will be there - as well as Matt Munger, Art Meyer, Chris Campbell, Jim Schwinkendorf, Mike Driscoll, Bob Gesking as well as several others who ordered shirts from Chris - but I can't remember who right now. (Don't forget your moolah for Chris! He up-fronted the cash to do the shirts so please nobody stiff the guy!)

Any SubCommittee member in good standing is invited to come and run boats - and if you aren't yet a member, you can still come to watch (but you can send Jim Butt a $26 check RIGHT NOW and then you can join in the fun - run somebody else's boat, etc!)

I just finished putting one of Art Broder's blood pressure cuff ballast system in the Hunley and it seems to work great (in the bathtub). I can't wait to try her out in the Olympic sized pool -Woo Hoo!

By the way , if you have never run in an indoor pool in the winter - bring shorts and a short sleeved shirt (or wear your new SR6 shirt.) It is HOT and HUMID - and fogs up cameras like crazy unless you put them in a Zip Loc bag and let them acclimate / warm up once you are in the building. I'll bring swim trunks and mask and fins to recover lost boats and get some u/w still photos and video with the new digital video camcorder.

Edited By TMSmalley on 1077046416
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby chips » Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:23 pm

I'll be ther with my hydrophone set. We should be able to see who has the quietest sub.
Bob Gesking
SC# 1575
KC8WPF
chips
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:30 pm

Cool! Do you have an amplifier for it or is it headphones only?

It would be fun to record it to mix with the video!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby ThierryC » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:53 pm

Man I wish Subcom-ON would do events like this !
There are 10 kind of people, those who undertand binary and those who don't !
Sub-Systems
ThierryC

Postby chips » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:11 pm

Just headphones for the hydrophone for now. Maybe later I'll get a little amp and speaker set up.
Bob Gesking
SC# 1575
KC8WPF
chips
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon6