Banner Ad 1

Kilo class 1/44 conversion - converting over a model for diving!

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby Turbobearcat » Sun May 04, 2003 10:26 am

:O

HI everybody!
Yesterday while probing the hobbyshop in Mount Lookout, I found a Russian Kilo class sub, nice large box from Trumpeter.
I picked it up and open the box(after I bought it!) and Behold.this baby is a nice size and deep & Wide...so I have decided to make it a RC sub, I have most of it ready but I need advice on constructing a pressure hull and how you lay out the electronics in a sub, motor shaft and linkages going through the PH... I want to get this thing finished before May 17th but if not I can come there and take a ton of pictures and get a general idea from what I see.(I will also share these pictures with the group) AS you know I have a large surface group and I'm switching over to the submerged folks
so I'm thinking the sub setup won't be much different as surface dweller. I believe this Kilo will make a excellent sub, the rudder and bow planes I have setup and the propeller shaft I should have ready this afternoon, just need some "know-how" to keep this all dry inside.
P.S.
I noticed it said 1/44 scale, this is not correct, it's a 1/144 scale which makes it smaller than most but still large enough for what I want to do.
Thanks
Turbobearcat
Mark Hampton
Cincinnati Ohio

Edited By Turbobearcat on 1052058670
"Prepare for ramming speed!"
Turbobearcat

Postby raalst » Sun May 25, 2003 3:25 pm

have a look at my Kilo

beware, it is a large picture (1M)
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst